The biggest Bengali festival of the year, Durga Puja is here and people are celebrating it with utmost enthusiasm. It is a five-day affair that starts on the sixth day of Navratri (Sasthi) and ends with Vijaya Dashami (or Dusserha). This year, the celebrations started on October 1, 2022 and will end on October 5, 2022. Durga Puja is the celebration of homecoming of the daughter (Goddess Durga) along with their children Lakshmi, Ganesh, Saraswati and Kartik. Hence, food and fun play a major role in the celebration. It is, in fact, that time of the year when people go on a bingeing spree, keeping all the diet thoughts at bay.
While some people hop restaurants to tryout their Puja-special menu, some like to keep it low and party with friends and family. If you are someone who enjoys staying at home, then we have a perfect idea for you to make the stay an indulgent affair. We bring you the delicious chicken cutlet recipe that you can make at home and enjoy as an appetizer for the party. The best part is, it is super easy to make and takes not more than an hour. Take a look.
Also Read: Navratri 2022: Make This Delicious Kala Chana Prasad For Ashtami Bhog
How To Make Street-Style Chicken Cutlet At Home:
To make this dish, you need minced chicken, grated potato, bread crumbs, onion, egg, coriander leaves, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Take oil in a pan and add onion to it. Fry for some time.
- Then add ginger and garlic to it. Saute everything well.
- Add the minced chicken and mix.
- To it, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and mix. Close the lid and cook for some time.
- Grind the mix and add chopped coriander, grated potato and mix into a dough.
- Make small roundels, dip it in whisked egg, then breadcrumbs and fry well.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Watch the detailed recipe video of chicken cutlet in the header section.
For more such appetising chicken snacks recipes, click here.
Happy Durga Puja 2022, everyone!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.