Are you done eating the same old dishes day in and day out? Are you desperately in search of a recipe that could add a spark to your spread but are not too tedious to put together as well? You have arrived at the right place. There are plenty of ways in which you can infuse life in your boring meals. Think: a stir-fry, hot sauce and pickles. When all else fails, you can always resort to masalas. Yes, a simple 'masaledaar' twist can give a delicious upgrade to any dish, such as these masala prawns.
Recipe Of Masala Prawns:
This masala prawns recipe from Veranda, Bandra, is ideal for an eclectic appetiser for an intimate gathering. The crunchy prawns tossed in a medley of spices, garlic, onion, chillies and bell peppers. These masala prawns are of semi-dry consistency. Each prawn coated with a layer of tantalising masala makes for scintillating treat, which is too hard to refuse.
The recipe by Chef Manish Rohra is ideal for nippy weather. You may or may not pair it with fried rice. You can have it as it is too. But make sure you serve it hot, since you are calling the shots here, you can also cut back on a few spices and vegetables that you dislike.
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME:20 minutes SERVES: 2
- 8-10, cleaned
- 2 sliced green chillies
- 1 tbsp of garlic mince
- ½ cup sliced onion
- ½ cup red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 4-5 dry whole red chilli
- 1 tbsp of red chilli paste
- ½ tbsp of red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp of coriander powder
- ½ tbsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of mustard paste
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add sliced green chillies.
2. Add sliced red and yellow bell pepper and onions.
3. Add 1 tbsp of garlic mince and curry leaves and saute on high heat.
4. Add dry whole red chilli and mix well.
5. Add the prawns coat them with the masala by stirring.
6. Now add the red chilli paste and vegetable stock to make the gravy.
7. Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
8. Add the mustard paste and cook it for 4-5 mins.
9. Finish with fresh coriander.