As the year 2022 draws to a close, we are all looking to celebrate in style. Party-hopping, endless food binges and plenty of cocktails and drinks are definitely on the cards for many of us. But after a night of drinking, some of us may suffer from a hangover because of consuming alcohol in excess. This may lead to nausea, dizziness, headaches and blurry vision. Luckily, there are many ways to cure post-party hangovers with the right kind of food and drinks. Believe it or not, certain foods can actually help the body detox after a night of heavy drinking. What better than to cure hangovers naturally, right?
Celebrity nutritionist and author Munmun Ganeriwal shared the meal plan on her Instagram handle. "The best way to cure a hangover is to not have one. But since the holiday season is here, who knows when you cross the laxman rekha! So here's a hangover remedy plan only for you," she wrote in the caption. The idea is to keep the meals light and provide the body with plenty of fluids. "Along with necessary fluids and easy-to-digest meals, this plan will help you rehydrate and replenish so that you sail through your weekend smoothly," said Ganeriwal.
Here Is A Full-Day Meal Plan To Cure Post-Party Hangover By Celeb Nutritionist Munmun Ganeriwal:
- Start the day with black-seeded raisins that have been soaked overnight. You may also drink up the water in which they were soaked. This will start your day with some detoxification, especially for the liver.
- For breakfast, Munmun Ganeriwal suggested keeping it light with a rice kanji or porridge, that is, dalia. Coconut smoothie was also another recipe suggested by the nutritionist for the first meal of the day.
- To keep your day going and detox your body further after the hangover, the nutritionist suggested various drinks that could help. Sugarcane juice, coconut water or nariyal pani, or kokum sherbet were some of the recommendations by Ganeriwal for post-party detox.
- Lunch was recommended to be kept light to cure hangovers. You could have yellow moong dal paired with rice or roti as well as a light sabzi along with it, according to Ganeriwal.
- For the mid-afternoon or evening snack time, the post-party meal plan suggested milkshake options like pomegranate or banana milkshake.
- Lastly, for dinner, the celebrity nutritionist suggested a meal of khichri paired with ghee and pickle to keep it light and help digestion and detox even further.
- As an additional note, Ganeriwal suggested drinking plenty of water at regular intervals throughout the day to help flush out toxins from the system!
Here is the full meal plan for a post-party hangover by Munmun Ganeriwal:
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.