Muslims across the globe are celebrating the Holy month of Ramadan. Also referred to as Ramzan, it started on April 2, 2022, and will continue till May 2, 2022, followed by Eid-ul-Fitr on May 3, 2022. During Ramzan, people observe Roza (fast) as a symbol of spiritual cleansing. A typical day during Ramadan starts before sunrise with Sehri, followed by day-long fasting that ends with evening prayer and Iftar. Iftar is when a family comes together and breaks fast with fruits, nuts, dry fruits, sherbet, chaat, kebabs and more. Adding on to the celebration, some people also throw iftar parties to treat friends, family and close ones.
If you are planning to throw an iftar party, then this article is just for you. Here we found a delicious chaat recipe that is not only unique but can also be prepared in just no time. It's a bread dahi chaat recipe. Fried bread pieces with spicy dahi, chutney, sev etc sprinkled on the top, bread dahi chaat is a unique take on our classic papdi chaat. Here, the papdi is replaced with bread in the recipe. Let's take you through the recipe.
Iftar Special: How To Make Bread Dahi Chaat:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry bread pieces till they turn crispy.
- Add boiled potatoes to it. Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Add chana, dahi, green chutney and imli chutney.
- Add salt, chaat masala, black pepper powder and red chilli powder.
- Finally, garnish with some sev and serve.
- Have the chaat before the fried breads get soggy. You can also add some freshly chopped coriander leaves on the top.
Watch the complete recipe video of bread dahi chaat in the header.
For more such chaat recipes for the Iftar feast, click here.
Ramadan 2022 Mubarak, everyone!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.