Apple Sausage Plait Recipe
This one's a winter delight! A filling of apples, lime, herbs and sausage meat wrapped in puff pastry.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Apple Sausage Plait
- 200 gms flour
- 100 gms diced chilled butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3 Tbsp chilled water
- For the filling:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 diced onions
- 1 large apple - peeled, cored and diced, grated rind
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped gherkins
- 400 gm sausage meat
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp of milk to glaze
How to Make Apple Sausage PlaitHideShow Media
1. Rub butter with flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Bind with yolks and water.
3. Knead lightly until soft dough is formed. Allow it to chill.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions.
5. When they soften, add apples and rind and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Cool and add remaining ingredients.
7. Roll pastry into a rectangle and brush with beaten egg.
8. Slice the edges diagonally.
9. Arrange the mixture in center. Seal the pastry.
10. Cool, glaze and bake at 190 degrees C for about 30 minutes.