How to make Ariselu
About Ariselu Recipe: Ariselu is a traditional Andhra/Telangana sweet, also called Kajjaaya in Kannada, Anarsa in Marathi and Adhirasam in Tamil Nadu. It is a traditional Indian sweet which is specially prepared during the festivities of Sankranti or Diwali. Sesame seeds are the specialty in Ariselu since they help in balancing the temperature of the body, specially in the winter season. This is a delectable Indian sweet to prepare this festive season and relish with family friends.
Ingredients of Ariselu
- 1/2 Cup rice
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil (to deep fry)
- for garnishing sesame seeds
How to Make Ariselu
- Soaking & Grinding:
- 1.Soak the rice overnight.
- 2.Rinse for 2 to 3 times and strain out the water.
- 3.Leave the rice on the strainer for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4.Grind the rice in batches into a very fine flour and keep aside.
- Prepare jaggery syrup:
- 1.Put jaggery in a deep pan and add 40 to 50 ml water so the jaggery melts very fast.
- 2.Boil until the syrup starts bubbling. When the syrup starts to bubble, take a small spoonful of syrup and put it in a small cup of water. If the syrup doesn’t dissolve or if it turns into a ball when pressed with fingers then the syrup is ready.
- 3.Add ghee, cardamom powder, and mix well.
- 4.Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Prepare the dough:
- 1.Add the rice flour little by little through the sieve to the jaggery syrup. Keep stirring and keep adding the rice flour until the dough turns hard like chapati dough.
- 2.Heat oil for deep-frying on a medium flame.
- 3.Take Arise sized lid with a plastic sheet placed on it.
- 4.Grease your fingers and the plastic sheet with ghee.
- 5.Take a fistful of dough and make it into a round ball. Pat it into a round flat shape until it covers the lid size.
- 6.You need to dip each dough ball in sesame seeds before patting if you want sesame seed Ariselu.
- 7.Drop it into oil carefully and wait until the Arise floats to the top.
- 8.Fry for a minute and flip it over to the other side. Fry until it turns to a nice golden brown color.
- 9.Take out the Arise from oil and press it hard with two turner spoons until all the excess oil comes out.
- 10.Serve Telangana's traditional sweet garnish with sesame seed and few drop of ghee.
Key Ingredients: rice, jaggery, water, cardamom powder, ghee, Oil (to deep fry), sesame seeds