How To Make Banana Chips
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Banana Chips Recipe: These banana chips fried in coconut oil are perfect to snack on while watching the rains. They are best stored in an air tight container and can last for days.
Ingredients of Banana Chips
- 4 green (unripe) plantains (sliced into thin rounds and washed), peeled
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- to taste salt
How to Make Banana Chips
- 1.Put the slices of banana into a solution of water, salt and turmeric and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2.Give it a good mix and transfer to a colander to drain completely.
- 3.In a medium sized kadai on high heat, heat the oil.
- 4.When it starts smoking, add the slices in small batches.
- 5.Fry until golden and transfer onto a paper napkin.
- 6.Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- 7.Sprinkle with salt and chilli powder and let it cool.
- 8.Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Key Ingredients: green (unripe) plantains (sliced into thin rounds and washed), coconut oil, water, turmeric, chili powder, salt