How to make Bangers and mash
Recipe Servings: 5
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Bangers and mash is a traditional British dish. Quick and easy to make. Chicken sausages with fluffy mashed potatoes.
Ingredients of Bangers and Mash
- 1 kg potatoes
- 50 gms butter
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 8 chicken sausages
How to Make Bangers and Mash
- 1.Peel and cut the potatoes into equal sized chunks. Wash them to remove any surface starch.
- 2.Heat a large pan of water and add the potatoes and simmer for half an hour until they are tender.
- 3.You can check the potatoes are done by piercing a toothpick through the center of one of the chunks of potato. Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- 4.Tip in the butter and mash them with a fork until they are fluffy and creamy.
- 5.Heat the oil on a in a frying pan and add the sausages.
- 6.Gently fry for 3-4 minutes until the sausages are lightly browned on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- 7.Serve the sausages and the mash in a plate with some tomato sauce or ketchup or gravy.
Key Ingredients: 1 kg potatoes, 50 gms butter, 2 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, 8 chicken sausages