How to make Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancakes)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Bahn Xeo are Vietnamese pancakes which are made with rice flour. Stuffed with shrimps, chicken and some bean sprouts these pancakes are a delight to eat.
Ingredients of Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancakes)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4-5 pieces shrimp
- 100 gms corn flour
- 50 gms all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 25 gms rice flour
- to taste to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
How to Make Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancakes)
- 1.Cut the chicken and shrimp in small pieces.
- 2.In a bowl add the corn flour, maida, coconut milk, rice flour and mix all well.
- 3.Season it with salt and pepper.
- 4.Heat some oil in a pan. Add the garlic and chillies to it and saute.
- 5.Now add the chicken to it along with the fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.
- 6.Add some oyster sauce. let the chicken cook for a minute or two.
- 7.Now add the shrimps. Shrimps take lesser time to cook so add them at the last.
- 8.Throw in the onions now. Mix well till the chicken and shrimp is cooked.
- 9.Now for the pancakes, drizzle some olive oil in a pan and pour the batter.
- 10.It should be thin. Don't turn it as yet.
- 11.Once the open top of the pancake looks cooked you can add the filling to it.
- 12.You can top it with some fresh spring onions and bean sprouts.
- 13.And wrap it from one side.
- 14.Repeat the same with the others.
Key Ingredients: chicken breasts, shrimp, corn flour, all purpose flour (maida), coconut milk, rice flour, to taste, Olive oil, red chillies, garlic cloves , soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, spring onion, onion