How to make Beetroot Modak
About Beetroot Modak Recipe: Lord Ganesha's favourite Indian sweet now with the goodness of beetroot, this modak recipe is just the perfect one to prepare at home for the Ganesh chaturthi festivities.
Ingredients of Beetroot Modak
- For modak:
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp semolina (rava/sooji)
- 1/4 tsp beetroot colour or two oven cooked beetroot paste
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Oil (for frying)
- For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cashews (kaju), chopped
How to Make Beetroot Modak
- Prepare mixture:
- 1.Take a bowl and mix the above modak ingredients with Water, let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 2.Prepare Oil for frying and use perforated spoon to jerk and make small globules
- 3.Make sure it is slow cooked and deep fried ,remove from the oil and place it in paper towel to remove oil.Cool down to mix it with sugar syrup.
- Prepare sugar syrup:
- 1.To the hot sugar syrup, add above prepared modak mixture.
- 2.Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes Or until sugar syrup thickens.
- 3.Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- 4.After 10 Minutes, sugar syrup is absorbed completely by the mixture.
- 5.Add 2 tbsp cashew and 2 tbsp pistachios. Mix well.
- 6.You can see the mixture is dried and all the sugar syrup is absorbed.
- 7.Prepare the modak taking a small amount of mixture. Add milk if required to moisten modak.
- 8.Finally, modak is ready to be served or can be refrigerate for a week.
Key Ingredients: gram flour (besan), semolina (rava/sooji), beetroot colour or two oven cooked beetroot paste , water, Oil (for frying), For sugar syrup:, sugar, water, cardamom powder, lemon juice, cashews (kaju)