Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha Maka Recipe
Prawns cooked in assorted masalas, potatoes, kokam, served with corn-red bell pepper-tomato accompaniment.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha Maka
- 1/2 cup coconut, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 16 grade A prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 kokams
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup ambhe more rice (or tukra basmati)
- 1 can coconut milk, thick
- Dew sprigs coriander leaves (for garnish)
- For Phodni Cha Maka:
- Few drops oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 2 cups corn kernels (makai), boiled
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chaat powder
- Few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
How to Make Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha MakaHideShow Media
In a pan dry roast grated coconut and coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, sesame seeds and let it cool.
Meanwhile, add little oil and saute sliced onion till nice and golden.
When cool, blend it to make a smooth paste. Add water if required.
In a kadhai, add oil. When heated, add the ground masala, chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
Cut the potatoes and add to the masala. Mix well.
When potatoes are half done, add water if required.
Then add prawns, kokam and garam masala.
Add coconut milk and let it simmer of 8-10 mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
For Phodni Cha Maka:
Heat oil and add mustard seeds, asafoetida, onion, green chillies and curry leaves.
Saute for few minutes and add chopped corn, red bell pepper.
Add tomato. Season with salt, lemon juice, chaat powder and fresh coriander.
Serve both the dishes hot with the Ambhe More Rice (or Tukra Basmati)