How to make Chaamp Kaalimirch
About Chaamp Kaalimirch Recipe: A delectable lamb chop recipe with mouth-watering flavours of spices and chillies. The fresh spices and herbs laced around juicy lamb makes this meat dish a perfect option to prepare on special occasions and dinner parties at home. Pair with any Indian bread of your choice.
Ingredients of Chaamp Kaalimirch
- 12 Pieces lamb Chops
- For Pre-marinade:
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 20 gms garlic paste
- 15 gms ginger paste
- 6 gms red chilli powder
- 1.5 gms green cardamom powder
- 1.5 gms nutmeg
- to taste salt
- For Cooking:
- 6 tbsp clarified butter (desi ghee)
- 20 gms garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 gms royal cumin seed
- 5 gms coriander seed powder
- 3 gms red chilli powder
- 30 gms almonds (peeled, blend with water to make a fine paste), roasted
- 225 gms yogurt (whisk well)
- 1 1/2 cup lamb stock
- 6 gms freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1.5 gms dried fenugreek leaf powder
- 1.5 gms rose petal powder
- A pinch of clove powder
- 6 gms mint leaves, finely chopped
- 6 gms fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh dairy cream
How to Make Chaamp Kaalimirch
- 1.Mix all the pre-marinade ingredients with lamb in a bowl, rub the marinade well on each chop and keep aside for a minimum of 45 minutes. Lamb should ideally be reserved for 4-6 hours.
- 2.Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Rub the chops with oil and bake on a roasting tray for 30-35 minutes or until chops are succulent and fully cooked. Discard the residue and retain the chops
- 3.Add clarified butter to a pan, set to medium heat, add garlic, stir and roast golden brown. Now add cumin, coriander seed and red chilli powder, stir, add almond paste, stir and roast until fat appears on sides. Now, add yogurt and continue to stir and roast until fat appears on the sides.
- 4.Add stock (or water), increase heat, stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and gently lay the chops on pan. Now add salt, peppercorns, fenugreek, rose petals and clove powder, stir gently
- 5.Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes, remove cover, add coriander and mint leaves, increase heat to medium and stir gently taking care not to break chops until the consistency of the liquid becomes thick. Now add cream, stir gently, adjust the seasoning and remove from fire.
- 6.Transfer to a flat dish, garnish with Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns and serve.
Key Ingredients: lamb Chops, lemon juice, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, green cardamom powder, nutmeg, salt, clarified butter (desi ghee), garlic, royal cumin seed, coriander seed powder, red chilli powder, almonds (peeled, blend with water to make a fine paste), yogurt (whisk well), lamb stock, salt, freshly ground black peppercorns, dried fenugreek leaf powder, rose petal powder , clove powder, mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves , fresh dairy cream