How To Make Chana Dal Halwa
About Chana Dal Halwa Recipe: Chana dal has a richer flavour than other pulses, which helps in the preparation of a mouth-watering halwa. Soaked and ground dal is sautéed till a rich aroma is achieved, and then prepared into a traditional halwa, flavoured with cardamom and saffron. Although chana dal halwa requires a bit of prior soaking and takes a bit of time to cook, it is a worthwhile effort, which is sure to be enjoyed by all your guests and family members.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Halwa
- 1 Cup chana dal
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 10 pieces almonds
- 10 pieces cashewnuts
How to Make Chana Dal Halwa
- 1.Soak chana dal in water fo 2 hours.
- 2.Add soaked chana dal and water together. Pressure cook it.
- 3.Take ghee in a kadhai and pour chana dal in to it.
- 4.Saute chana dal to make thick liquid out of it.
- 5.Add saffron, mix it well.
- 6.Now add sugar, cardamom powder, clove powder, almond and cashewnut.
- 7.Serve with garnishing of chopped almonds.
Make sure to saute the chana dal mix thoroughly.
Key Ingredients: chana dal, water, ghee, saffron , sugar, cardamom powder, clove powder, almonds, cashewnuts