How to make Chana Dal Halwa
Chana dal has a richer flavour than other pulses, which helps in the preparation of a mouth-watering halwa. Soaked and ground dal is sautéed till a rich aroma is achieved, and then prepared into a traditional halwa, flavoured with cardamom and saffron. Although Chana Dal Halwa requires a bit of prior soaking and takes a bit of time to cook, it is a worthwhile effort, which is sure to be enjoyed by all your guests and family members.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Halwa
- 1 Cup Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Clove powder
- 10 Pieces Almonds
- 10 Pieces Cashewnuts
How to Make Chana Dal Halwa
- 1.Soak Chana Dal in water fo 2 hours.
- 2.Add soaked chana dal and water together. Pressure cook it.
- 3.Take ghee in a kadhai and pour chana dal in to it.
- 4.Saute chana dal to make thick liquid out of it.
- 5.Add saffron, mix it well.
- 6.Now add sugar, cardamom powder, clove powder, almond and cashewnut.
- 7.Serve with garnishing of chopped almonds.
- Watch the step by step recipe of Chana Dal Halwa here:
Make sure to saute the chana dal mix thoroughly.
Chana Dal, Water, Ghee, Saffron , Sugar
, Cardamom powder, Clove powder, Almonds