Coq Au Vin Recipe
Get fancy with 'Coq Au Vin', a classic French delicacy! Braise the chicken with red wine, mushrooms, garlic and bacon lardons before throwing in some fresh parsley.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 05 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Coq Au Vin
- 900 gm chicken leg w/o skin
- 900 gm chicken breast w/o skin
- 200 gm flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 75 gm garlic cloves caramelized
- 200 gm pearl onions peeled
- 200 gm button mushrooms
- 150 gm bacon lardons
- 20 gm thyme sprigs
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups brown sauce / demi glace
- 80 gm butter for sauce
- 800 gm potatoes tournee
- 30 gm parsley chopped
- 80 gm butter for potatoes
- 10 portions bread
- Salt and pepper - to taste
How to Make Coq Au VinHideShow Media
Season the chicken leg and breast with salt and pepper.
Dredge in flour and saute in the vegetable oil.
Remove the oil and add the bacon, mushrooms,garlic, pearl onions and thyme sprig.
De-glaze with the red wine and reduce by half.
Add the demi glace to the chicken and cook till the chicken is cooked fully through.
Heat the butter in the pan and saute the potatoes until hot but still white.
Add the parsley.