How to make Falafel with Pita Bread
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern snack. Chick pea balls fried and sliced between pita bread along with sour cream and tahini sauce.
Ingredients of Falafel with Pita Bread
- 1/2 Kg chickpeas - soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coriander
- 1/2 green chilli
- 3 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Small onion-diced
- 75 Ml water
- 25 Gram flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
How to Make Falafel with Pita Bread
- 1.Mince all ingredients together.
- 2.Make 50 small balls out of the mixture and deep fry over a moderate flame until golden in color and completely cooked.
- 3.Drain and serve.
- These are good in a pita sandwich:
- 1.Split the pita on one side (lengthwise) to form and opening.
- 2.Place a layer of falafel, some tahini, sour cream and lettuce along with some chopped onions and serve.
Key Ingredients: chickpeas - soaked overnight, parsley, coriander, green chilli, garlic paste, onion-diced, water, flour, Salt & pepper, cumin powder, bicarbonate of soda