How to make Goan Crab Curry
Crabs cooked Goan style with coconut cream and goan chilli bombs.
Ingredients of Goan Crab Curry
- 4-5 crabs
- 8 kashmiri chilies
- 1 tbsp guntur chili paste
- 6-7 Goan chili bombs
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 10-12 black pepper corns
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp toddy vinegar
- 2 onions, julienne
- 3 tbsp tamarind extracts
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 12 cloves
How to Make Goan Crab Curry
- For Dry Roasting:
- 1.In a pan, add Kashmiri chilies, goan chilly bombs, grated coconut, garlic, ginger, cloves for heat, coriander seeds, cinnamon, black pepper corns, turmeric powder.
- 2.Now for grinding, first transfer the kashmiri chilies in pestle and motor as chilies are the toughest to break down.
- 3.Add salt to chilies and grind them.
- 4.When chilies break down add rest of the dry masala.
- 5.To this masala add oil, water and vinegar and grind the mixture well.
- For Curry:
- 1.In a pan, heat oil and add onions.
- 2.Now add masala paste to onions and stir it well.
- 3.After stirring it add 3 tbsp tamarind extract while balancing it with putting jaggery.
- 4.Add the crab and a pinch of salt.
- 5.Now add water and cover it.
- For tempering:
- 1.In a tadka pan add oil and Guntur chili paste.
- 2.Add the tempering to the crab.
- 3.Then add 5 tsp of tamarind extract jaggery and lime juice.
- 4.Again cover it and let it simmer.
- 5.After a while take out the crabs and add a spoon of coconut cream in curry.
- 6.Again add crabs and little lime juice.
- 7.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: crabs, kashmiri chilies, guntur chili paste, Goan chili bombs, coconut, garlic cloves, ginger, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, black pepper corns, turmeric powder, salt, oil, water, toddy vinegar, onions, tamarind extracts, jaggery, lime juice, coconut cream, cloves