About Goli Bajji Recipe: Made with flours, spiced with chillies, curry leaves and ginger, goli bajji is a light, crispy yet fluffy, and soft from inside snack from Mangalore. Enjoy these fritters the best with coconut chutney and a cup of filter coffee.
Ingredients of Goli Bajji
- 1/2 Cup maida
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 5 Tbsp buttermilk/curd
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3 Tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Water (as needed)
- Oil (to deep fry)
How to Make Goli Bajji
- 1.In a large bowl take maida, rice flour, baking soda, a pinch of hing and salt. Mix well.
- 2.Now add buttermilk and mix well with your hands. You can use an egg beater as well.
- 3.Add curry leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves and ginger. Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- 4.Cover and rest for 3 hours for best results. After 3 hours, mix the batter again.
- 5.Meanwhile heat oil in a wok.
- 6.Now make small bite-sized balls from the batter.
- 7.Drop the balls in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
- 8.Stir and deep-fry the balls on medium flame.
- 9.Drain the excess oil from the goli bajjis once it turns golden brown and crisp. Serve crisp and hot with chutney of your choice.
Key Ingredients: maida, rice flour, asafoetida, buttermilk/curd, salt, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, baking soda, Water (as needed), Oil (to deep fry)