How to make Grilled Squid Rings with Vegetables
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Grilled Squid Rings with Vegetables Recipe: Kiwi sauce marinated calamaris grilled and served with paprika oil infused vegetables.
Ingredients of Grilled Squid Rings with Vegetables
- For the vegetables:
- 5-6 Baby carrots (blanched with salt till half cooked)
- 3 Baby eggplants (cut into half)
- 4-5 Onion rings
- 1 tsp paprika mixed with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (coarsely ground)
- For the grilled squids:
- 400 gms squid (cut into 5 mm / 1/4)
- 1 kiwi (chopped), peeled
- A small bunch of coriander
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp coriander, chopped
How to Make Grilled Squid Rings with Vegetables
- Prepare the vegetables:
- 1.In a baking tray add the blanched carrots, onion rings, baby eggplants.
- 2.Sprinkle lemon juice, salt, coriander powder and black pepper.
- 3.Drizzle the paprika olive oil on top.
- 4.Bake for 10 minutes at 180-200 degree C.
- Prepare the grilled squids:
- 1.In a blender mix together the kiwi, coriander and green chilli. Add a pinch of salt.
- 2.Add 2 Tbsp of this mixture to the squid rings.
- 3.In a pan add olive oil and the marinated squid rings. Drizzle some lemon juice & fish sauce. Saute till cooked.
- 4.Add some chopped coriander leaves.
- Plating up:
- 1.In a plate place the vegetables. Top it with the grilled squids.
- 2.Pour the rest of the kiwi sauce over it.
Key Ingredients: Baby carrots (blanched with salt till half cooked), Baby eggplants (cut into half), Onion rings, paprika mixed with 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, coriander seeds (coarsely ground), squid (cut into 5 mm / 1/4), kiwi (chopped), salt, Green chilli, olive oil, Lemon (juiced), fish sauce, coriander