How to make Jaconde Sponge
About Jaconde Sponge Recipe: An innovative twist to the delightful cake, jaconde sponge is a delicious assembly of creamy baked meringue with buttercream, strawberries and more. Perfect dessert to bake during the festive season of Christmas!
Ingredients of Jaconde Sponge
- For Jaconde Sponge:
- 65 gms almonds (almond flour)
- 35 gms Icing sugar
- 10 gms melted butter
- 60 gms egg whites
- 20 gms sugar
- 1 1/2 Whole eggs
- For Buttercream:
- 100 gms butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh cream (cold)
How to Make Jaconde Sponge
- Prepare Jaconde Sponge:
- 1.Whisk the eggs and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
- 2.Make medium peak meringue with egg whites and sugar.
- 3.Fold in the whole egg mixture into the meringue followed by the dry ingredients.
- 4.Spread on a parchment lined tray and bake at 210 for 8 minutes.
- 5.Once done, take it out and dust the sponge with icing sugar and cover with another parchment sheet.
- 6.Flip over and release the paper, dust icing sugar again and roll into a log.
- 7.Put it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare buttercream:
- 1.Whisk the butter till light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla, whisk till mixed.
- 2.Pour the cream in a thin stream and whisk till stable.
- 3.Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 1.Unroll the sponge and spread a layer of the buttercream evenly on the entire surface.
- 2.Thinly slice the strawberries and layer over the cream.
- 3.Roll the sponge gently yet tightly and chill for a while.
- 4.Mask the Yule log with buttercream and finish it with a woody texture and choice of decor.
Key Ingredients: For Jaconde Sponge:, almonds (almond flour), Icing sugar, melted butter, egg whites, sugar, Whole eggs, For Buttercream:, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, fresh cream (cold)