How to make Jaggery Panna cotta
About Jaggery Panna cotta Recipe: A sinful dessert to relish at home, jaggery panna cotta is a healthier version made with jaggery instead of sugar. Packed with cardamom and cinnamon, this dessert recipe is sure to please your taste buds.
Ingredients of Jaggery Panna cotta
- 2 Cups whole/full fat milk
- 1/4 cup jaggery
- 2 (heaped) tsp gelatine
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
How to Make Jaggery Panna cotta
- 1.Take 2 tbsp of water in a bowl. Sprinkle gelatine on top and leave for 5 minutes.
- 2.Take milk and jaggery in a pan. Open the cardamom pods and put in the milk, both seeds and peels. Heat on a low flame.
- 3.Once the jaggery has dissolved and milk is hot, add the gelatine, cardamom powder, if using and the cinnamon powder. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 4.Leave to cool for a while. Strain and pour into pudding moulds and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set. Overnight is best.
- 5.Demould chilled panna cotta onto a serving plate, drizzle with cranberry sauce and serve.
Key Ingredients: whole/full fat milk, jaggery, gelatine, Cardamom pods, cardamom powder (optional), cinnamon powder