How to make Khoya Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Khoya Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki Recipe: A great contrast of flavors. Sharper outside and sweet inside. Balance the flavors with a tangy pea tikki stuffed with a sweet khoya and date filling.
Ingredients of Khoya Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki
- For the tikki:
- 1 1/2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 1/2 tsp zeera
- A pinch of heeng (mixed with water)
- 3 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bowl peas (de-shelled)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- to taste salt
- 2-3 tbsp besan
- For the filling:
- 60-70 gms khoya
- 2 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 3 tsp pista (heaped), chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 2-3 dates, chopped
- Oil to pan grill / shallow fry the tikkis
How to Make Khoya Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki
- 1.In a pan add ghee, zeera, heeng water, green chillies and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
- 2.Add the peas, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute till the peas start to brown a little on the outside.
- 3.Once cooked, blend the coarsely in a mixer. Do not make a fine paste. Mix besan to it and make a stiff mixture.
- 4.In a bowl crumble the khoya. Add chillies, pista, coriander leaves and dates. Mix well.
- 5.Take some of the pea mixture in your hand and stuff it with the khoya filling.
- 6.Shallow fry these tikkis in a pan and serve with tangy chutneys.
Key Ingredients: desi ghee, zeera, heeng (mixed with water), green chillies, ginger, peas (de-shelled), turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, besan, khoya, green chillies, pista (heaped), coriander leaves, dates,