How To Make Macher Patori
About Macher Patori Recipe: A mouth-watering fish recipe wrapped in banana leaf with mouth-watering spices and cooked to perfection!
Ingredients of Macher Patori
- 4 Bhetki fish fillets (cut to 4*2-inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut (more to garnish), grated
- 7 Green chillies (slit)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 1 Banana leaf (cut into 10*8 rectangles)
- 2 tsp mustard oil
How to Make Macher Patori
- 1.Mix the fish pieces with half-teaspoon turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2.In a mixer grinder, make a paste of mustard seeds, poppy seeds and green chilies by adding a little bit of water.
- 3.Take the grated coconut in a bowl. Add mustard seeds paste, a bit of salt to taste and remaining turmeric powder. Mix and make a fine mixture with a fork.
- 4.Cover and keep them in the fridge for an hour.
- 5.Remove the fish from the fridge and mix with a teaspoon of mustard oil.
- 6.Stir gently, warm the banana leaves over an open flame for 30 seconds, and make sure it is not burnt.
- 7.Put banana leave pieces glossy side up over a plate; rub a little mustard oil on it.
- 8.Now spread a teaspoon of marinated paste in the centre of the banana leaf, place one piece of fish on the paste and put another teaspoon of paste on the top of fish piece to cover the fish piece by the paste from both sides then place a green chilli on top of it.
- 9.Fold the banana leaf to make it a square parcel and tie with toothpick so that the parcels will not open while cooking. Repeat the process for all the fish pieces.
- 10.Now, take a non-stick pan and grease some oil on it and place the banana leaf wrapped fish pieces on it (you can place 4 - 5 pieces at a time ,according to the size of your pan), close the pan with a heavy lid and cook on medium heat for 8-9 minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- 11.Serve the freshly prepared steaming hot Bengali Bhetki Macher Paturi recipe along with plain steamed rice.
Key Ingredients: Bhetki fish fillets (cut to 4*2-inch pieces), mustard seeds, poppy seeds, fresh coconut (more to garnish), Green chillies (slit), turmeric powder, salt, Banana leaf (cut into 10*8 rectangles), mustard oil