How to make Makhni Paneer Biryani
About Makhni Paneer Biryani Recipe | Paneer Biryani Recipe: Fried paneer cubes doused in a creamy gravy, layered with rice and cooked 'dum' style. A perfect biryani recipe fro vegetarians and a paneer lover's delight!
Ingredients of Makhni Paneer Biryani
- 250 Gram Paneer cubes
- 3 cups Ghee/ clarified butter
- 2 tbsp Whole spices
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Fresh tomato puree
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped), peeled
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin-coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tandoori masala
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cashew paste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- to taste Salt
- 6 cups Basmati rice (cooked)
- 1 cup Onions, fried
- 1/2 cup Almond slivers
- 1/2 cup Mint and coriander, chopped
How to Make Makhni Paneer Biryani
- 1.Sear the paneer cubes in ghee. Then season it to taste and set aside.
- 2.In the same pan, add the whole spices such as cinnamon, cloves, black cardamon, green cardamon, black peppercorns, mace.
- 3.As the spices crackle, add the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- 4.Add the powdered masalas followed by the tomato puree. Simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- 5.Then add the cashew paste and cream. Season to taste.
- 6.Add the paneer into the gravy and bring to a gentle simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 7.Using a greased baking dish or handi, layer the paneer and rice alternatively. Garnish with fried onions, nuts, fresh mint and coriander. Cover with aluminium foil or heat gently for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Paneer cubes, Ghee/ clarified butter, Whole spices, Onion, Butter, Fresh tomato puree, Green chillies, Garlic, Ginger (chopped), Turmeric powder, Cumin-coriander powder, Tandoori masala, Cardamom powder, Sugar, Cashew paste, Cream, Salt, Basmati rice (cooked), Onions, Almond slivers, Mint and coriander