How to make Malabari Fish Curry
About Malabari Fish Curry Recipe: Assorted with a blend of spices and fresh vegetables, Malabari fish curry comes straight from the lush green areas of India, this dish will be a perfect fit for a seafood lover’s appetite. Try this recipe to relish the taste of Wayanad, Kerala.
Ingredients of Malabari Fish Curry
- 100 gms sear fish
- 50 gms coconut, grated
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup pureed tamarind
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered turmeric
- 2 small green chillies
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
How to Make Malabari Fish Curry
- 1.Grind the coconut and turmeric powder with some water to form a fine paste.
- 2.Combine the tamarind extract, red chilli powder, ginger, salt and green chillies in a pan. Add the ground coconut paste and mix well. Place the pan over medium flame.
- 3.Simmer for two minutes. Add fish and salt. Cook for a few minutes till the mixture starts to harden.
- 4.Fry the tempering ingredients in coconut oil and add to the fish. Add the onions and stir gently. Remove after a minute. Serve hot with rice.
Key Ingredients: sear fish, coconut, ginger, pureed tamarind, salt, powdered turmeric, green chillies, red chilli powder, shallots