How To Make Mangalore Banana Buns
About Mangalore Banana Buns Recipe: A popular breakfast staple across the state of Karnataka, Mangalore banana buns or pooris is a scrumptious, sweet as well as savoury snack that is hard to resist!
Ingredients of Mangalore Banana Buns
- 2 Cup whole wheat flour + all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil (for frying)
How to Make Mangalore Banana Buns
- 1.Mash banana and add sugar to it, Mix well. You can also blend the two in a blender.
- 2.Now take a big bowl, transfer the mashed mix in it and add the two flours followed by salt, cumin, yogurt, ghee and baking soda. Mix well.
- 3.Knead this to a smooth dough. You can add more yogurt if you feel the dough is dry.
- 4.Let the dough rest for about 4 hours or overnight.
- 5.Now, make small balls from it, roll and flatten small pooris with the help of dry flour.
- 6.Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the pooris in it until puffed, golden brown and crisp.
- 7.Serve these pooris hot.
Key Ingredients: whole wheat flour + all-purpose flour, sugar, bananas, cumin, salt, baking soda, yogurt, ghee, Oil (for frying)