Neychorr is a Malabar style ghee rice cooked along with spices, coconut milk and nuts.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Neychorr
- 2 cups rice - soaked for an hour
- 4 cardamoms
- Green chilli paste to taste
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup onion - thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot - finely shredded
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Onions - thinly sliced and browned crisp in ghee or oil
- For garnish:
- Fried cashew nuts and raisins
- Grind together:
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon - broken small
- 4 pepper corns
How to Make NeychorrHideShow Media
Heat oil and add bay leaf, carrot and sliced onions. Fry till vegetables look coated with the oil.
Add green chilli, ginger and garlic and stir-fry a few times.
Add the drained rice, stir-fry to mix well, and add coconut milk, salt and one cup water.
Mix and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and cook till water is absorbed and rice is cooked through (10-15 minutes).
Serve hot garnished with the onions, cashew nuts and raisins.