How to make Oats & Shallots Pulao
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Oats & Shallots Pulao Recipe: Indulge in this delicious blend of oats and shallots with a host of spices and herbs. Oats and shallots pulao is an interesting vegan option for lunch.
Ingredients of Oats & Shallots Pulao
- 3 Cups rice
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 3-4 Green chillies
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Few cinnamon sticks
- Few cardamom seeds
- Few cloves
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- to taste salt
- 2 garlic flakes
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup shallots
- 1 cup olive oil
How to Make Oats & Shallots Pulao
- 1.Grind together the 1/2 onion, coconut, garlic, ginger and coriander in the blender, to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- 2.Fry the onions in a the olive oil.
- 3.Also, add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- 4.When onions are browned properly, add the red chilli powder and fry for 30-45 seconds.
- 5.Now add all the oats and shallots. Sprinkle some water on it.
- 6.Keep covered and cook on a low flame till cooked.
- 7.This might take approximately 5 minutes.
- 8.Keep sprinkling water periodically to speed up the process, but do not add excess water as it will ruin the pulao.
- 9.When it’s done, transfer it to a big mixing dish, and add all the boiled rice, salt to taste and the blended masala.
- 10.Mix thoroughly and then heat it either in a microwave or on low heat on the cooking range. It is heated again to let the salt spread across the dish.
Key Ingredients: rice, coriander leaves, Green chillies, onions, onion, cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds, cloves, red chilli powder, salt, garlic flakes, ginger, oats, shallots, olive oil