How To Make Pearl Barley, Almonds And Pomegranate Salad
About Pearl Barley, Almonds And Pomegranate Salad Recipe: A healthy pick to help with weight loss, control blood sugar level and much more. Packed with healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E, this salad can easily be added to ylour dailly diet.
Ingredients of Pearl Barley, Almonds And Pomegranate Salad
- 100 gms pearl barley (soaked in water overnight, drained, cooked)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 50 gms broccoli florets (boiled)
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/2 tbsp pomegranate syrup
- 80 gms almonds (chopped), roasted
- Seeds of 1 small pomegranate
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
How to Make Pearl Barley, Almonds And Pomegranate Salad
- 1.In a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add soaked barley and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer barley to a large bowl and set aside.
- 2.Mixed boiled barley, coconut oil and harissa paste and pomegranate syrup in a bowl. Toss the remaining ingredients Season and top with roasted almonds to serve with garlic brown toast.
Key Ingredients: pearl barley (soaked in water overnight, drained, cooked), coconut oil, broccoli florets (boiled), harissa paste, pomegranate syrup, almonds (chopped), Seeds of 1 small pomegranate, flat-leaf parsley, mint, Spring onions, extra virgin olive oil, Lemon (juiced)