Story ProgressBack to home
Picnic Eggs Recipe
Deep-fried eggs stuffed with ham, cheese and onion. These won't disappoint you!
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Picnic Eggs
- 250 g (pre-cooked) ham slices, finely chopped
- 30 g cheese, grated
- 10 boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise into half
- 2 raw eggs, beaten until fluffy, for frying
- 7 green chillies, chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped and fried into a baghar
- Handful of semolina
- Hot oil, for deep frying
- Salt, to taste
How to Make Picnic EggsHideShow Media
Separate the egg whites and yolks in the boiled eggs.
Mash the boiled egg yolks.
Mix the ham and onions together and add in the chilli, cheese and egg yolks.
Season. Mix it until it becomes malleable.
Roll into balls and stuff it into the boiled egg whites.
Join the two halves of the egg together.
Dip this into the beaten egg and then into the semolina, then deep fry.