Poor Knights Of Windsor Recipe
A snack baked bread made with the combination of eggs and jam. This unique dish is a must try!
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Poor Knights Of Windsor
- 8 slices of bread
- 100 gm hung yogurt
- 4 Tbsp raisins
- 4 Tbsp powdered jaggery
- 4 Tbsp cream
- 75 gm butter Sauce
- 6 Tbsp jam
- 2 Tbsp water orange rind Garnish
- 1 Tbsp castor sugar
How to Make Poor Knights Of WindsorHideShow Media
1. Spread butter on four bread slices.
2. Sprinkle raisins and jaggery powder on the buttered side.
3. Sandwich the bread with the remaining slices, with the buttered side facing outside.
4. Trim the edges of the sandwiches and divide diagonally.
5. Whip eggs and cream together.
6. Soak the sandwiches in the egg and cream mixture.
7. Lightly fry the sandwiches in oil.
8. Transfer the sandwiches to a plate and sprinkle castor sugar.
For the Sauce:
1. Heat jam, water, orange rind together.
2. Pour it over the sandwiches and serve hot.