Potli Ka Achaar Recipe
Potli ka achaar is common in most Sindhi households. This recipe has been passed down for generations in my family. Goes perfect with some aloo ke tuk, Sindhi curry, papad and boiled rice.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Potli Ka Achaar
- 5 kg raw mangoes (Ramkela variety)
- 2 bulbs of garlic, peeled but whole
- 1 Tbsp black kalongi/ onion seeds
- 1 Tbsp (heaped) turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 Tbsp (heaped) red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp (heaped) salt
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 meter mulmul ka kapda/ muslin cloth cut into small squares of around 4x4 inches
How to Make Potli Ka AchaarHideShow Media
Grate the raw mangoes.
Mix it well with salt, chillies, turmeric, kalongi, garlic and mustard oil.
Cut the cloth into small squares.
Put the achaar mix into it and tie it like a small potli. Make all the potlis like this.
Put them in a nice clean jar and pour 1/2 cup vinegar over it.
Keep it in indirect sunlight for 4-5 days and its ready to eat
If you wish to preserve it for longer time then keep the jar in the fridge.
Note: Add the oil as it is, do not heat it or the color of the achaar would darken.