How To Make Pulasa Pulusu
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Pulasa Pulusu Recipe: With an incredible blend of nutritional ingredients, Pulasa Pulusu in Konaseema cuisine is perfect fit for a seafood lover’s taste buds.
Ingredients of Pulasa Pulusu
- 1 Kg pulasa fish
- 200 gms tamarind
- 100 gms chillli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 2 large onion
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
- 50 gms oil
- 1 small tomato
- 4 Okras (each diced into 2)
- 3 Green chillies
- 5 Garlic ribs
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 5-7 gram coriander leaves, chopped
- 750 ml water
How to Make Pulasa Pulusu
- 1.The fish should be cleaned, sliced and set aside.
- 2.Soak the tamarind in warm water and extract pulp. Keep it aside to let the juices flow out.
- 3.Dice cut onion, tomato, garlic, blend with coriander seeds, cumin seeds - make a fine paste and keep it aside.
- 4.For the best earthy flavour, use a clay pot and try to cook on charcoal flame.
- 5.Firstly add oil, sliced fish, onion and tomato paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, salt and mix well.
- 6.Add curry leaves and add long diced okra, coriander leaves and water(750 ml) as per desired thickness.
- 7.Leave the clay pot on the charcoal fire to cook for about 20 minutes. The Pulasa Pulusu is ready.
- 8.Once cooled, serve it along with steamed rice and some fresh green salad.
Key Ingredients: pulasa fish, tamarind, chillli powder, turmeric powder, salt, onion, coriander and cumin powder, oil, tomato, Okras (each diced into 2), Green chillies, Garlic ribs, Curry leaves, coriander leaves, water