How to make Quinoa with Vegetables
About Quinoa with Vegetables Recipe: High in protein, Quinoa looks grain-like but is actually an edible seed. It is nutty in flavor, it is quite a popular breakfast food. In this interesting recipe, quinoa is sauteed with lot of veggies and herbs, served garnished with sage leaves and rosemary.
Ingredients of Quinoa with Vegetables
- 125 gms white quinoa
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 Green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 green and yellow chilli, chopped
- 2 apricots (diced)
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 spring onion stalk
- 100 gms pinto beans (shelled)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A few sage leaves
- A few rosemary leaves
How to Make Quinoa with Vegetables
- Prepare the Quinoa:
- 1.In a pot, bring salt water or vegetable stock to boil, add the quinoa and let it cook until all the water has absorbed, the quinoa is translucent and leaves the germ kernel.
- 2.Set aside with some olive oil.
- 3.In a pan put spring onion, garlic and chilies. Add the diced zucchini, bell peppers, dried apricots, pinto beans and saute well for 2 minutes.
- 4.Season with salt and pepper.
- 5.Mix with the cooked quinoa and garnish with rosemary and sage.
Key Ingredients: white quinoa, zucchini, diced, Green bell pepper (diced), green and yellow chilli, apricots (diced), vegetable stock, salt, spring onion stalk, pinto beans (shelled), Garlic cloves, olive oil,