How To Make Red Velvet Banana Pudding
About Red Velvet Banana Pudding Recipe: Combining two of everyone's favourite - freshly-baked red velvet cake and classic banana pudding, this delightful pudding recipe creates a decadent new dish that is a perfect way to unwind over a lazy weekend at home. With layers of red velvet cake, bananas and topped with crunchy choco chips, there's no way anyone can resist digging into this sweet indulgence!
Ingredients of Red Velvet Banana Pudding
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3.4 ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened and cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- One 9 x 13 inch layer of red velvet cake
- 4-5 Ripe bananas
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
How to Make Red Velvet Banana Pudding
- 1.In a small bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, mix the sweetened condensed milk and water together until well combined, about 1 minute.
- 2.Add the pudding mix and mix until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- 3.Place the pudding mixture into the mixer bowl with the whisk attachment, add the cream cheese to the pudding mix. Mix until thoroughly combined and smooth. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the whipped cream.
- 4.In a clean mixer bowl with the whisk attachment whip the heavy cream on medium speed for about one minute until the cream starts to thicken, then increase the speed to medium high and whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over whip.
- 5.Carefully add the pudding mixture into the whipped cream and mix on low speed until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain.
- 6.Cut the red velvet cake into 4-inch squares. Cut each square into ½” layers. Set aside.
- 7.To assemble the pudding select either a trifle bowl or a wide glass bowl with a 4-5-quart capacity. Spread a layer of pudding on the bottom and layer with enough slices of the red velvet cake to cover the layer, add sliced bananas to cover the cake and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of mini chips.
- 8.Continue layering with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, another layer of cake, sliced bananas and mini chips. Repeat one more time, ending with pudding.
- 9.Sprinkle the top with crumbled red velvet cake and a tablespoon of mini chips. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Key Ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, ice cold water, instant vanilla pudding mix, cream cheese (softened and cut into 8 pieces), heavy cream, One 9 x 13 inch layer of red velvet cake, Ripe bananas, mini chocolate chips