How to make Roasted Pumpkin and Eggplant Roulade
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Roasted Pumpkin and Eggplant Roulade Recipe: A nice melange of eggplants, pumpkin and arbi. Grilled eggplants rolled with a herby pumpkin-arbi filling and baked.
Ingredients of Roasted Pumpkin and Eggplant Roulade
- 1 Medium eggplant, sliced
- 250 gms pumpkin, roasted
- 250 gms arbi/colocasia, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 30 gms spring onion
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp basil, shredded
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Few marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of cumin powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp cheese (mozzarella), grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp chives
- 1 1/2 tsp bread crumbs
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin and Eggplant Roulade
- 1.Put sliced eggplant in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- 2.Remove the skin from the roasted pumpkin and chop into small cubes.
- 3.Chop the arbi and put it in a bowl with the pumpkin.
- 4.Chop the spring onions in another bowl. Keep these veggies aside.
- 5.Now drain and pat dry the eggplant and squeeze off all the excess water.
- 6.Season the eggplants with salt, pepper, marjoram, oregano leaves and olive oil.
- 7.Grill the eggplants till dark brown.
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.Heat a pan with olive oil.
- 2.Add spring onions, garlic, ginger and saute lightly.
- 3.Add the roasted pumpkin and arbi to the same pan and saute some more.
- 4.Add basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary to the sauteed vegetables.
- 5.Now add salt, mustard and pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
- 6.Add the cheese to this now.
- 7.Once the eggplants are grilled nice and brown place a spoon full of the above filling on the eggplants and roll into a nice eggplant roll.
- 8.Coat a cast iron dish with some olive oil and neatly arrange the eggplant rolls.
- 9.Sprinkle with bread crumbs and some oil.
- 10.Put it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
- 11.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: eggplant, pumpkin, arbi/colocasia, ginger, spring onion, Garlic cloves, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, mustard, olive oil, paprika, cumin powder, cheese (mozzarella), cheddar cheese, chives, bread crumbs