Shakuli (Himachali Papad) Recipe
A recipe from the safe haven of homeliness, Himachal Pradesh. Chef Mansingh of Woodville Palace Hotel shows how to make a crisp Himachali style papad.
- Total Cook Time 20 mins 03 seconds
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins 03 seconds
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Shakuli (Himachali Papad)
- 2 Tbsp refined flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil to fry
How to Make Shakuli (Himachali Papad)HideShow Media
1. Add the salt and water to the refined flour and mix to a thick consistency.
2. Pour a large ladle of the mixture onto a steel plate and spread it out evenly. Steam the plate so that the dough can come off easily.
3. Remove the dough when dry and keep it on a clean cloth in the sun for 3 days.
4. Deep fry the shakuli in refined oil and serve with any meal.