Shrimp Patia (Curried Shrimps) Recipe
A delicate and fiery Parsi curry that adds a funky twist to your usual dinner.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Shrimp Patia (Curried Shrimps)
- 250 gm shelled and cleaned shrimps
- 20 gm tamarind - soaked in 1 cup hot water and strained
- 1 Tbsp jaggery, blended
- 1 cup onions, grated
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Grind together:
- 5 whole, dry red chillies
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 cardamoms
- 6 cloves and 6 peppercorns
- 1 tsp each, garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp green chillies, chopped or to taste
How to Make Shrimp Patia (Curried Shrimps)HideShow Media
Mix all the ingredients, except coriander leaves and green chillies.
Place them in a heavy based pan and cook till the fat separates.
Garnish with coriander and green chillies. And serve hot.