Story ProgressBack to home
Smoked Chicken, Whisky & Pearl Barley Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the ancient grain pearl barley gets spiked with whisky and pairs beautifully with the flavour of smoked chicken. The warm salad combined with the crunch of sprouts, cucumber and pomegranate makes it a scrumptious treat.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken, Whisky & Pearl Barley Salad
- 250 gm smoked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup whisky
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
How to Make Smoked Chicken, Whisky & Pearl Barley SaladHideShow Media
1. Fill a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring it to a boil. Add the pearl barley and let it cook on medium flame for 20 minutes until plump and chewy. Drain excess water and keep aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes on medium flame and then add the whisky and cooked pearl barley. Saute until the alcohol evaporates. Add salt as per taste and take off the flame.
3. In another pan lightly saute the smoked chicken cubes in a little oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame.
4. In a large mixing bowl add the pearl barley mixture, smoked chicken and the remaining ingredients. Check seasoning and add more parsley if required. Serve immediately.