How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Tart with Strawberry Gelato
About Strawberry Cheesecake Tart with Strawberry Gelato Recipe: Sweet, tarty and full of decadence, this easy cheesecake recipe is the one to bookmark for special occasions!
Ingredients of Strawberry Cheesecake Tart with Strawberry Gelato
- For strawberry cheesecake tart:
- 250 digestive biscuits
- 100 butter, melted
- 1 1/2 vanilla extract
- 300 cream cheese
- 50 icing sugar
- 140 double cream (whipping variety)
- 1 lime juice (adjust tartness to taste)
- 1/2 zest of a lime
- 1 strawberries
- For strawberry gelato:
- 250 whipping cream
- 200 condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 strawberries (quartered)
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Tart with Strawberry Gelato
- Prepare strawberry cheesecake tart:
- 1.Crush the biscuits in a food processor or blender.
- 2.Combine with melted butter in a bowl.
- 3.Tip the mixture in a push bottom tart tin and press firmly down and around the sides into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the freezer for ½ hour.
- 4.Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat well till smooth. Add the lime juice and zest.
- 5.Whip the cream in another bowl till light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese mixture and combine gently with a spatula. Adjust the tartness to your taste.
- 6.Pour the filling neatly over the set biscuit base and even out the top as much as possible. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- 7.Blend strawberries for a fresh strawberry sauce, add some icing sugar if too sour.
- 8.Pour the sauce over the set base and garnish the entire surface with thinly sliced strawberries.
- 9.Serve alongside strawberry gelato.
- Prepare strawberry gelato:
- 1.Blend the strawberries in a blender to get a smooth strawberry puree. Do not add water.
- 2.Chill a bread loaf pan in the freezer.
- 3.Chill the cream in the fridge or as per packet instructions. Whip the cream with an electric beater till you have soft peaks.
- 4.Fold in the condensed milk, vanilla essence and strawberry puree.
- 5.Pour the mix into the chilled loaf pan and finish with some swirls of strawberry puree. Freeze for a minimum 4 hours or overnight.
Key Ingredients: digestive biscuits, butter, vanilla extract, cream cheese, icing sugar, double cream (whipping variety), lime juice (adjust tartness to taste), zest of a lime, strawberries, For strawberry gelato:, whipping cream, condensed milk, vanilla essence, strawberries (quartered)