How To Make Superfood Salad
About Superfood Salad Recipe: For those looking to strengthen their immune system, this gluten-free and vegan salad is an immunity quick-fix. It is packed with delicious superfoods like chickpeas, kale, and blueberries that are rich in nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and antioxidants.
Ingredients of Superfood Salad
- 1 Bunch raw kale leaves
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, boiled
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or seeds of your choice)
- For chia balsamic dressing:
- 1/3 cups water
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove(finely minced)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp table salt
How to Make Superfood Salad
- 1.First, prepare the salad dressing by tossing all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together by hand using a spoon for a thinner consistency. Alternatively, pulse all ingredients in a blender for a thicker texture.
- 2.Keep the dressing mixture aside and it will naturally thicken as the chia seeds absorb water and swell up.
- 3.Wash, massage, and tear up the kale by hand into bite-sized pieces. Drain the boiled or canned chickpeas and add them to the bowl of shrunken and softened kale. Add onion, strawberries, and blueberries to the mix.
- 4.Toss the dressing into the salad mixture, and evenly coat all the ingredients. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over top.
Key Ingredients: raw kale leaves, canned chickpeas, strawberries, onion, blueberries, sunflower seeds (or seeds of your choice), water, balsamic vinegar, Garlic clove(finely minced), chia seeds, table salt