How To Make Sweet Kachoris
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Sweet Kachoris Recipe: Give your crispy fried kachoris a sweet twist with this mouth-watering recipe that comes with the goodness of dried fruits, cardamom, saffron and khoya.
Ingredients of Sweet Kachoris
- 250 gms flour
- 1 tbsp besan
- 1 tbsp ghee
- water (for kneading)
- oil (for deep frying)
- For filling:
- 100 gms castor sugar
- 150 gms khoya
- 100 gms dried fruits, chopped
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom seeds
- For saffron syrup:
- 250 gms sugar
- 250 ml water
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands (soaked in 1 tbsp water)
How to Make Sweet Kachoris
- 1.Sieve the flour and besan into a bowl. Rub ghee into the flour with fingertips. Put some water and knead well until dough is smooth.
- 2.Cover and keep it to cool for fifteen minutes. Mix all filling ingredients together.
- 3.For the syrup, dissolve the sugar in the water. Boil for five minutes. Stir in saffron and liquid.
- 4.Roll out dough into flat discs about 4" in diameter. Put the filling in the center and seal the roll with a little water on its edges.
- 5.Fry kachoris over a slow flame in hot oil. When it turns golden brown take it out carefully and drain the excess oil.
- 6.Break the top of the kachoris and pour in 1 big spoon of saffron syrup before serving.
Key Ingredients: flour, besan, ghee, water (for kneading), oil (for deep frying), castor sugar, khoya, dried fruits, green cardamom seeds, sugar, water, saffron strands (soaked in 1 tbsp water)