How to make Thandai Cheesecake Mousse with Gulkand Whipped Cream
About Thandai Cheesecake Mousse with Gulkand Whipped Cream Recipe:A decadent Holi dessert recipe with homemade thandai paste topped with an exquisite gulkand flavour whipped cream. Thandai cheesecake mousse is a unique dessert recipe oozing with holi flavours yet perfect to prepare at home on other special occasions during the summer season as well.
Ingredients of Thandai Cheesecake Mousse with Gulkand Whipped Cream
- For crust:
- 1.5 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp crushed white sugar
- For cheesecake mousse:
- 12 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp saffron (dissolved in 1 tablespoons warm milk)
- 3/4 cup crushed white sugar (plus 1 tbsp more)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom essence
- 4 tbsp thandai paste
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- For thandai paste:
- 30 almonds (soaked and skin removed)
- 20 black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds
- 16 cardamom pods
- 4 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- For gulkand whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (cold)
- 1 tbsp gulkand
- 2 drops rose essence
How to Make Thandai Cheesecake Mousse with Gulkand Whipped Cream
- 1.For thandai paste, blend all ingredients together with little milk and set it aside.
- 2.For making its crust, crush graham crackers into fine crumbs by using your food processor. Transfer the crushed crumbs to a bowl, add sugar to it and mix.
- 3.Add melted butter and mix till crumbs feel like moist sand.
- 4.Take a serving bowl and divide the crumbs equally between them.
- 5.Push the crumbs to the bottom of the glass using a spoon or with your thumb till it's all compact. Place the glasses in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- 6.Warm 1 tablespoon of milk and then add crushed saffron. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- 7.Using hand mixer, beat cream cheese till they become smooth.
- 8.Add sugar, cardamom essence and the soaked saffron to the cream cheese now.
- 9.Add 4 tablespoons of the prepared thandai paste to the mixture and mix until all the ingredient are well-combined.
- 10.Now beat the heavy cream, using your hand mixer.
- 11.Carefully fold in the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture.
- 12.Once you have folded in all the whipped cream, take out the glasses out of the refrigerator and pipe or spoon the cheesecake mousse mixture into the prepared glasses.
- 13.Cover with a cling sheet and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- 14.Next morning, when ready to serve, make the gulkand whipped cream.
- 15.Start beating heavy cream, using the wire whisk attachment using your hand mixer. Once it starts to foam a little, add gulkand paste, 2 drops of rose essence.
- 16.Beat till it forms still peaks. The gulkand whipped cream is now ready.
- 17.Take out the chilled thandai cheesecake mousse from the refrigerator and top with gulkand whipped cream.
Heavy cream has a high percentage of fat and has a low volume but whip cream has high volume. You can replace it with whip cream.
Key Ingredients: graham cracker crumbs, unsalted butter, crushed white sugar, cream cheese (at room temperature), saffron (dissolved in 1 tablespoons warm milk), crushed white sugar (plus 1 tbsp more), cardamom essence, thandai paste, heavy cream, For thandai paste:, almonds (soaked and skin removed), black peppercorns, watermelon seeds, cardamom pods, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, milk, heavy cream (cold), gulkand, rose essence