How to make Tumbler Idli
About Tumbler Idli Recipe: A super delicious way to turn around the simple idli! This one is packed with urad dal, rice and spices, steamed and served in tumblers!
Ingredients of Tumbler Idli
- 120 gms Idli rice
- 120 gms regular boiled rice
- 250 gms white urad dal
- 5 gms fenugreek
- 15 ml gingelly oil
- For tempering:
- 5 black pepper
- 5 mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
How to Make Tumbler Idli
- 1.Wash idli rice, boiled rice and white urad dal 4-5 times.
- 2.After 15 minutes, add fenugreek and soak for 6 hours. Grind regular idli batter.
- 3.For fermenting, leave the batter for 2 hours for natural fermentation. ·
- 4.Add the tempered ingredients. Rest it for 10 minutes. ·
- 5.Apple gingelly oil into the brass tumbler then add the idli butter and steam it for 10 minutes.
- 6.Tumbler idli is ready. Serve it with any podi or chutney along with sambar.
Key Ingredients: Idli rice, regular boiled rice, white urad dal, fenugreek, gingelly oil, black pepper, mustard seeds, curry leaves