How To Make Tuscany Pizza
About Tuscany Pizza Recipe: An authentic Tuscan pizza, complete with the flavours of jalapeno, tomato pilate, basil, mushrooms, bell pepper and olives besides oozing with mozzarela!
Ingredients of Tuscany Pizza
- For making dough:
- 1 kg maida
- 10 gms salt
- 10 gms sugar
- 70 ml olive oil
- 450 ml lukewarm water
- For tomato sauce:
- 3 kg tomato pilate
- 20 gms garlic (peeled), chopped
- 40 gms onion (peeled), chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 20 ml olive oil
- to taste salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 50 gms basil leaves
- For topping:
- 5 gram bell pepper, julienne
- 5 gram mushroom, sliced
- 5 gram baby corn, sliced
- 4 olives, sliced
- 5 gram onion (peeled), sliced
- 2 gram red jalapeno, sliced
- 100 gms mozzarella (diced)
How to Make Tuscany Pizza
- Making the pizza dough:
- 1.In a large bowl mix together the water and yeast and then add sugar in it. Set aside and let the yeast activate.
- 2.Combine the flour with salt and olive oil in a different bowl.
- 3.Combine both the mixtures and knead the dough by hand until it forms a smooth dough. The dough will be soft and stretchy and no longer sticky.
- 4.Keep the dough in the deep bowl, and lightly apply a bit of olive oil all around the outside of the dough. This will keep it from sticking to the sides of the bowl once the dough proves and grows.
- 5.Cover loosely and let rest at room temperature for the dough to leaven.
- 6.Divide the pizza dough into 14 balls of equal weight.
- Making the pizza sauce:
- 1.In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and add garlic. Sauté and stir till the garlic softens. Add onion and sauté.
- 2.Now add the pilate tomatoes, and mix well and let them cook.
- 3.Add salt and simmer until the tomatoes have completely cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- 4.Now blend the sauce and keep it again for cooking.
- 5.Add basil, oregano and freshly crushed black pepper and stir well.
- Assembling and baking:
- 1.Preheat the oven to 250 C
- 2.Use a rolling pin to roll the dough ball. Roll the dough from the center towards the outer edges for the most even pizza dough.
- 3.Prick the dough with a pizza docker, this prevents the crust from puffing up when baking. Now brush the surface of the crust with olive oil.
- 4.Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza in a thin, even layer. Leave about an inch of dough around the outer edges free from sauce for a perfect pizza crust.
- 5.Top the sauce with mozzarella cheese.
- 6.Place the vegetables on top of the cheese, making sure to spread the toppings evenly.
- 7.Bake the veg pizza in the preheated oven for 5-7minutes, until the cheese melts and the crust is golden. Garnish with pesto sauce.
Key Ingredients: maida, salt, sugar, olive oil, lukewarm water, tomato pilate, garlic (peeled), onion (peeled), oregano, olive oil, salt, black pepper, basil leaves, bell pepper, mushroom, baby corn, olives, onion (peeled), red jalapeno, mozzarella (diced)