How to make Urad Dal Vada
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Also known as Biuli Dal Er Boda in Bengali, this vada recipe is made with a thick mixture of grounded urad dal, sooji (for crisp), chillies, onion and other tantalizing spices.
Ingredients of Urad Dal Vada
- 1 Cup Soaked Urad Dal
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Sooji (Semolina)
- to taste Salt
- To Deep Fry Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
How to Make Urad Dal Vada
- 1.First up, grind soaked white urad dal along with water in a grinder. Add a little bit of water.
- 2.Then transfer this batter into a large mixing bowl and add the chopped onions, green chillies and sooji along with salt and red chilli powder to taste.
- 3.Mix everything well.
- 4.Heat oil in a large bottomed pan, add a spoonful of batter one after another.
- 5.Wait until both the sides of the fritters become brown and crispy.
- 6.Once done, transfer them on a serving plate and serve with green chutney and masala chai.
Soaked Urad Dal, Finely Chopped Onion , Green Chillies (Finely Chopped), Sooji (Semolina), Salt
, Oil, Red Chilli Powder