How to make Victoria Sponge Cake
The glamorous fruit, strawberry takes over the plain and simple vanilla sponge cake. Have this tea treat with a cup of steaming clear tea and savor every bite.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- 220 gms sugar
- 220 gram butter
- 4 large eggs
- 220 gms flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp milk
- 245 gms strawberry jam
- 150 ml cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 245 gms strawberries
How to Make Victoria Sponge Cake
- Prepare the sponge:
- 1.In a mixer put sugar, butter along with eggs and mix.
- 2.Add flour, baking powder, little bit of vanilla beans along with milk to the above mixture and mix again.
- 3.Transfer the mixture In 2 different buttered and floured trays.
- 4.Flat it out nice and evenly.
- 5.Bake in an oven set at 180degress for about 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.In a pot put strawberry jam with some warm water.
- 2.Put it on heat until the jam and water form a liquid paste. Then add the lemon juice.
- 3.In another pot put cream, sugar and whisk until soft peaks are formed. Add cream and whisk again.
- 4.Once the jam mixture comes to a boil add strawberries and mix.
- Final preparation:
- 1.On the baked sponge spread some cream as the first layer and then spread the strawberry mix as the next layer.
- 2.Then add the strawberry pieces and then place the other sponge cake on top of it.
- 3.Finally dust some icing sugar.
Key Ingredients: sugar, butter, eggs, flour, baking powder, vanilla bean, milk, strawberry jam, cream, lemon juice, strawberries