How to make Walnut Brownie Gujiya
About Walnut Brownie Gujiya Recipe: Holi is everyone's favorite festival that includes playing with colors, water guns, dancing and lots of delicacies. Snacks and desserts are an important part to make your Holi Party happening. This time, prepare some traditional dishes with an interesting twist. Here is a delicious walnut brownie gujiya, packed with chocolate and nuts tat the kids too would love to indulge in!
Ingredients of Walnut Brownie Gujiya
- For filling:
- 300 gms walnut brownie
- 100 ml chocolate sauce
- 100 gms chocolate chunks
- 50 gms walnuts, roasted
- For dough covering:
- 150 gms refined flour
- 50 gms ghee
- 50 gms semolina
- 2 gms salt
- 2 gms green cardamom
- 100 ml water
How to Make Walnut Brownie Gujiya
- 1.Take a bowl and mix together all the dough ingredients except water.
- 2.With finger tips slowly mix to give it bread crumb like texture. Then add water as required to make hard dough. Keep it aside to rest in an air tight container.
- 3.For filling, crumb the brownie in a bowl mix together rest of the ingredients to make a filling. Avoid over mixing the same.
- 4.Divide the dough into 25 gm balls, flatten the ball into a circle of around 6cm Dai.
- 5.Take a gujiya mould; place the dough sheet first then place spoonful of filling to make a crescent shape gujiya. You can also make it without mould, but that need a bit of expertise.
- 6.Deep fry the brownie crescent in medium heat oil till golden colour. Take it out place it on a kitchen paper.
- 7.For plating, just for a bit of American touch you can sprinkle it with icing sugar, some silver leaf and pistachio powder.
Key Ingredients: walnut brownie, chocolate sauce, chocolate chunks, walnuts, refined flour, ghee, semolina, salt, green cardamom, water