West Indian Avocado Soup with Limon Crema Recipe
Pamper your taste buds with this chilled healthy soup made of avocados, ginger and lemon, served with a creamy topping.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of West Indian Avocado Soup with Limon Crema
- 100 gm butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- Juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 300 ml vegetable stock (can use stock cubes simmered in 350 ml water)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly grated black pepper
- For Limon Crema:
- 1/4 cup sour cream or hang yoghurt
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make West Indian Avocado Soup with Limon CremaHideShow Media
Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the onions for about 4 minutes, until softened.
Add the ginger and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the avocado, lime juice, and vegetable stock and whisk to combine.
Simmer soup over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the green onion and transfer the soup to a blender and puree, until very smooth.
Stir in the half-and-half and salt and pepper, to taste.
Chill thoroughly before serving. Serve with a dollop of limon crema.
For Limon Crema:
To make the lemon crema, stir together the sour cream, lime juice, garlic, and salt.