Bhutte Ka Kees
Recipe Servings: 6
Corn cooked with spices and simmered in milk makes an unusual vegetable dish. A quick recipe 'Bhutte ka Kees' is a specialty from Indore.
- 5 medium-sized fresh corn cobs
- 4 Tbsp oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp coriander - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut - grated
- Grate four of the corn cobs and cut the other into tiny pieces.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger paste.
- When ginger is a very light brown add the corn, chilli paste and salt.
- Add the milk slowly, stirring all the time, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes or till corn is cooked.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Key Ingredients: corn
, clarified butter
, vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, desiccated coconut