Burmese Dessert Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Quick desserts aren't just about fresh fruit and ice creams. Make this quick 15-minute Burmese dessert with fried custard like dollops sprinkled with sesame seeds and icing sugar.
Ingredients of Burmese Dessert
100 gm black and white sesame seeds, mixed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50 gm powdered sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Flour, to coat
- Oil to deep fry
- Cinnamon powder, to sprinkle on top
- 2-3 Tbsp gooseberries, chopped, to garnish
- 2-3 basil leaves, chopped, to garnish
How to Make Burmese Dessert
- In a pan dry roast sesame seeds. Once roasted mix it with the powdered sugar. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs together. Now add 2 tbsp sugar in this. Keep aside.
- In another pan add the flour and water. Mix well with a whisk and add some vanilla essence.
- Slowly add the egg-sugar mixture to the flour mixture and mix till smooth and thick. Pour this mixture into ramekins and put it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Take it out after a few minutes and cut into equal pieces. Coat with some flour and deep fry. Once golden, drain on an absorbent paper.
- Plating up:
- Place the deep fried treats on a plate.
- Sprikle some cinnamon powder and the sesame seed-sugar mixture on top.
- Garnish with some chopped gooseberries and basil leaves.